Your Questions Answered: Skin Care
First off, thank you all for your sweet comments regarding my trip to Maui. It truly was extraordinary! It's been really hard getting back to reality this week, so please excuse my lack of posts while I try and regroup.
One of the most asked questions I get is, 'How is it that you don't have any wrinkles' and 'What in the world do you use on your skin'. I have been getting questions and similar comments like these for many years, so today I'm going to share my secret with you. I guess it's really not a secret, but I'm happy to share my tips and routine. Yes, it's true I am 41, soon to be 42. I have never had Botox, fillers, chemical peels or any other type of cosmetic changes, etc. It's all natural, I promise!
Before I get into the products, here are some tips I live by:
1. Drink tons of water. Good thing it happens to be my drink of choice. I have always loved good old fashioned H2O.
2. I try to stay out of the sun. If I do go in the sun, like I did in Maui, I always slather on some sunscreen. That would be SPF 70 in case you're wondering. I currently love Neutrogena sunscreen. It's very affordable and you can buy it at any drugstore for around $10.
3. Wash your makeup off every single night before going to bed. I don't care how tired I am or how late it is, I always wash my face (and brush me teeth) each night. Yes, in the mornings too! Think about it, your skin needs to breathe!
4. Sunglasses are a must. I wear them rain or shine. It not only cuts the glare but also keeps you from squinting, which causes wrinkles around the eyes.
Now, onto the products:
I have been using the same product line for at least 25 years. I have changed up a few of them over the years, but they have always been Clarins products.
1. I bought my Clarisonic a little over a year ago and use it every night. I have the Mia and it works perfectly. The sales person said I did not need the larger one with multiple speeds, she said it was not worth the extra money, so I took her advice. I love this product so much! My skin feels amazing when I'm done using it. I use it with the next product...
2. Gentle Foaming Cleanser I have been using since day one. They have changed the formula a bit over the years, but it has remained a staple in my routine. I use the dry/sensitive skin one as it's best for my type of skin, but they also make a normal skin one as well. I use this in the morning by itself in the shower and at night with my Clarisonic.
3. One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser, I use this 2-3x a week in the evening in place of the Gentle Foaming Cleanser and Clarisonic. It works like magic and smells divine, since it has orange extract.
4. Extra-Firming Day Cream, it comes in a jar but I just ran out the other day and haven't made it to Nordstrom to buy another one, so I'm using my travel size for an example. I use this every single morning before I put on any make-up.
5. Eye Contour Balm, every single evening I apply this to the contour of my eyes.
6. Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm, I use the every single night on my lips.
7. Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads, you can buy these at any drugstore. I usually wear waterproof mascara, so this one works well for me. I use this every evening and then take a damp cloth to wipe away any extra residue.
I will also tell you that I rarely use night cream. My face has to be pretty dehydrated for me to use it. It goes back to my philosophy of letting my skin breathe. If I do use one, it's also by Clarins and it's the Extra Firming Night Cream, not in photo.
If you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them! Here's to happy and healthy skin at any age!